- If you are submitting a paper with an evaluation section on Software Engineering or Data Science, you should go through the Empirical Standards Checklist
- Inciteful is a really interesting graph visualisation of your papers and their citations.
- Largest public consultation ever held on the past, present and future of the European research and innovation programmes 2014-2027 (deadline Feb 2023) If you are a researcher within the EU, you should give your opinion.
- Administrators have seized the Ivory Tower, a piece on how administration is deciding the future of American universities. In Europe, for good and for bad, administrators are usually professors. But they are also the type of professor that aims for those roles, and not the type that wants to focus on education or research.
- Modern Python package template was very useful in the big refactor of GeneticEngine
- Parsing Protobuf at 2+GB/s: How I learned to Love Tail Calls in C is a good example of how tail-calls can be useful, even outside functional languages.
- Tomas Petricek’s teaching materials contains a lot of interesting presentations on programming, developer experience, types and software engineering.
- Interactive tutorial on Proofs about programs. This is how I believe digital books should be. You are guided through learning, and not only a dense wall of text.
- Thoughts on user interfaces for theorem provers by Lawrence Paulson presents the history of how proofs are written in computers.
- A detailed description of desugaring and lowering to IR in the Bolt compiler.