I have been an Assistant Professor at Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa since February 2017. Previously I was an Invited Assistant at the Department of Computer Engineering of the University of Coimbra and an Invited Professor at ISCTEM.
- 2019/20 – Functional Programming, Parallel and Concurrent Programming🎓, Object-Centered Design🎓, Compilers🎓
- 2018/19 – Functional Programming, Parallel and Concurrent Programming🎓, Object-Centered Design🎓, Software Systems Construction
- 2017/18 – Functional Programming, Introduction to Programming, Object-Centered Design, Software Systems Construction
- 2016/17 – Object-Centered Design, Programming II
- 2016/17 – Distributed Systems
- 2015/16 – Distributed Systems, Compilers
- 2014/15 – Distributed Systems, Compilers
- 2013/14 – Distributed Systems, Compilers, Multimedia
- 2012/13 – Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, Databases
- 2011/12 – Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, Applications for the Internet
- 2010/11 – Distributed Systems, Multimedia
- 2013/14 – Distributed Systems🎓
🎓 = Responsible for Course
My research focuses on Programming Languages, Parallel Programs and GPGPU, with Machine Learning and Evolutionary approaches as tools to improve them. My PhD thesis is titled “Automatic Optimization of Granularity Control Mechanisms for Parallel Programs”.
My Erdös number is 7: Fonseca::Aldrich::Vieira::Ghilezan::Žunić::Ivić::Erdös
Talks and Workshops
Despite the academic job, I have been a freelance developer and I give talks and workshops frequently. Some of the topics include:
- Programming languages (Python, Scala, Haskell)
- Web programming (Django, REST APIs, OAuth)
- Parallel and concurrent programming (Java ForkJoin, Futures, GPGPU)
- Mobile apps (Android, iOS)
Contact me if you are interested.