Python is my favorite programming language. It’s a dynamic language, so you won’t see yourself declaring variable types and therefore your code will be more beautiful.
What makes Python Lovers really like it (and others hate it) is the fact that you don’t use braces nor the end keyword, you just use indentation.
It comes in some flavours:
- CPython (The traditional C implementation)
- IronPython, the .NET implementation
- Jython, the JVM implementation
Oh, and once you open the Python interpreter, why don’t you try and import this?
- TryPython – an online interpreter of Python, so you can try it without installing (actually I use it when not in my computer).
- Learn Python in 10 minutes – If you already know one programming language, you can learn Python in only 10 minutes!
- Python by Example – a simple guide to the Python Standard Library through examples
- Python Infrequently Asked Questions – Advanced Python stuff by Google’s Peter Norvig